Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Wrap Up

A few last photos from the symposium....

This was Ben Hart from the UK donkey sanctuary working with this lovely white donkey.  This donkey was pretty well convinced that he did not want his feet picked up, but he eventually did.

I confess, I took a bit of a liking to this donkey.  he was quite a handful and had very strong opinions.  I'm a sucker for those types.  However, I made a point of not spending much time with these adoptable donkeys who were looking for homes.  My barn is full and my hay supply limited so I avoided them.  Sadly, I don't think this donkey found a new home and had to make the terribly long trip back to Texas.

These two beauties also made the long trip back to Texas, but at least they got to stay together.  They were good buddies.

These smaller donkeys all got adopted and left for new homes here in the Northeast.

One of the highlights of the symposium were these mammoth donkeys who were there to give demonstrations.

A couple of them were offering rides and I skipped one of the classes on Saturday to do this instead....

It was worth it:)


9 comments:

  1. Now that is quite a smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she is smiling like that because she is thinking of her beautiful cat, Kipper, right?

      Delete
  2. How fun. I'd have probably brought a donkey (or two) home. I'm just too worried about the grass here :-/.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm. Driving donkey. Riding donkey?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you, all 'dressed up'! As you know, I'm partial to a white donkey too! This one doesn't look like an Albino though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donkeys are so cool. I loved riding Abby. We ended up selling her to an old fella that needed a good safe ride.
    I miss her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What sanctuary in Texas? Peaceful Valley? That is always sad when they all don't find homes, but they are safe. I felt that way about the cats and the rescue I volunteered with for 12 years. Eventually I have now 6. So hard to see them languish when I know what great cats and personalities . But......... come on. 6 is more than enough in a home with a German Shepherd that wants to herd cats. Can't be done!!! Thanks for your photos they are all so very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were from peaceful valley. It is terribly hard to see them languish, but none of us can (or should) take them all. That way lies madness. Do the best you can for the few that you can help and hope for the rest.

      Delete
  7. Ahh, I wish they could all get homes...makes me sad. You know, I have never ridden a donkey, or even a mule. I've known some wonderful mules though. Would be a challenge not to take one home...

    ReplyDelete