Saturday, December 19, 2015

Barn Time

It is feeling a lot like winter here today.  I woke to the ground covered in snow and the herd hiding in the barn, out of the wind.  I had hoped that Ramsey wouldn't need his blanket this year, but I have had to get it out a couple of times and he was clearly cold today so out it came.    
Emma was four when she decided that she didn't want a blanket anymore.  Ramsey is three and is not ready to be grown up yet.  Maybe next year.  Who knows though, maybe he will always want his blankie.  He is big, strong and healthy, but he has never been as robust as I would like.  He is also just a wee bit of a spoiled baby.

It was a cold and windy day, but a cozy barn, good company, a warm blanket and a full hay net make it all OK.  It was a good day to hang out in the barn, listening to one of my favorite sounds....



6 comments:

  1. It is so nice that they all share one bale, I wish my 2 horses could do that! Hawkeye does seem more interested in the un-shredded hay in this cold & windy weather which will save me from shredding two bales instead of one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over that header shot...so exceptional. You are so lucky that your three critters get along well. Such a great set up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so the donks haven't chewed up the hay net yet???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of horses (and donkeys now) munching on hay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never even seen a hay net, but it surprises me that they don't just rip it apart----maybe a little "tug of war?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. MOM!!! How can you say that? Spoiled Baby? Nuhuh! :) Stay warm and we are doing the same!

    ReplyDelete