Friday, November 23, 2012

Every Day is Thanksgiving

I know this comes a bit late, but the sentiment remains.  Just pretend you live my crazy schedule and the word "day" becomes a bit elastic.  There is so much to be thankful for....

Such as two beautiful healthy, sane, sound horses (Tessa's leg is better and I can barley find that little scratch that caused so much trouble.  I am VERY thankful for antibiotics.).

I am thankful for my constant, steadfast companion....


I am so very grateful for everything these two have brought into my life, including, in a round-about way, all of you reading this.  It is so good to know that there are so many good people out there...

I am very thankful that there is real hope that both of these wonderful donkeys will stay in my life.

I am thankful for good friends who show up on Thanksgiving to help change bandages and I am thankful for the good, caring, compassionate vets who saved Ramsey's life and treated my little brown donkey like royalty, never once questioning his worth.

And today, I was very, very thankful for a glorious Fall day, a quiet walk in the woods with Tanner and five minutes of perfect, still, silence in a cathedral of hemlocks.

Happy Thanksgiving
(even if you are in another country, far away.  Thanksgiving is anytime, anywhere you want it to be.)

7 comments:

  1. No one could have said it any better. Everyday is Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful blog. Please keep it up. Ramsey is very lucky to have you for a "mom."

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very true! It IS everywhere, and anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect sentiment. Any and every day can be Thanksgiving. So glad things are looking up for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kris, what a wonderful post! I love "Thanksgiving is anywhere, anytime you want it to be." Yes! Could we make it every minute of every hour of every day?! So nice to see your "kids" healthy enjoying the day.. :) How lovely it looks in your bit of country!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a lovely way with words. So very true. Glad your little band of 4 legged companions are feeling so much better. You are definitely in a beautiful part of the United States. A fall day with sunshine is really a blessing. Weather in California for Thanksgiving was beautiful in Carlsbad, Ca. My grandkids were in the jacuzzi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and, oh jeez, a jacuzzi sure sounds like a good idea right now.

      Delete