Monday, April 16, 2012

Landscapers At Work

It's Spring and we've decided that we really need to start thinking about doing some landscaping.  The last three years, everything has been about getting the house and barn built, and while there is still work to be done there, it's time to try to get the rest of the place looking a little better.  Emma and Tessa have very graciously volunteered to help out with the lawn. 
Emma: "It's a terrible lot of work but someone has to do it....
We've also decided that some of the stone walls need to be cleaned up.  Spring is the only time this job is possible because once the weeds and brush are growing strong, they are impenetrable.  The only hope is to get at them before they get a head start.  However, Emma and I did disagree on how to accomplish this project....

"Well Em, I think we should pull all this scrubby stuff away from the wall and plant some flowers along it, a friend gave me some iris'.  What do you think?"

"I can't for the life of me see why...all that stuff tastes really yummy just the way it is.  I can't imagine a bunch of flowers are going to taste any better.  And besides, I can't use a bunch of dumb flowers to scratch my belly and why would you care that you can't see the stone wall...definitely a waste of effort..."
"Hmmm, well, you do agree that this old apple tree needs some help though don't you?  All that dead stuff needs to come off so the tree will do better."

"You do have a point there at least.  That tree will taste much better once you get rid of all that dry, nasty stuff.  It will also be much easier to get at the nice, chewy bark without all that junk in the way.  You'd better put that camera away and get down here and get to work.  I'm doing my job after all..."

*sigh* Nope, Emma and I just don't see eye-to-eye on this landscaping stuff.  Tanner, on the other hand, seems to be on my side.

Tanner: "Yup, you need to get rid of all that brush.  Flower beds are much more comfortable to lie in after all...."

*double sigh*


2 comments:

  1. That will be a wonderful spot for the iris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stone wall looks nice already,with all the green grass you have around,but Iris will be wonderful!!! Dou you get any apples from that tree?

    ReplyDelete